torsdag 22 april 2010

Theme Thursday: Draft


This week I really felt like participating in Theme Thursday… So on Sunday I went to check out the theme for the week… Draft… Hmmm, I started thinking… I didn’t feel really familiar with this word… It’s not that I didn’t know what it meant, I was just not sure how to use it. Actually, I don’t think it’s a word I ever have used to tell you the truth. (Now, this isn’t my language, I should tell you that, in case there are readers here who don’t know me already…) Anyway, my mind started spinning its way around the word “draft”. I was thinking “cold”, “chill”, “football”, “a writer’s first draft”, “beer”… I was having serious trouble focusing. I wanted very much to write something catchy, scary and chilling. So eventually I did what I usually end up doing when something bugs me enough – I googled it. And I found something kind of interesting. And I also completely stole it, from here.

According to the Urban Dictionary there is something called:

1. Ghost draft

(n.) A draft that a ghost creates using a ghost fan.
Often directed towards victims with mustaches.

"Dude! I totally caught a ghost draft yesterday!!!"
"Awessoome!"


Now, isn’t that interesting? Now off to google what a ghost fan is… (I think I may qualify as one, to tell you the truth…). So until next week (why, yes, I think I might be willing to participate again… and this time maybe actually write something)…

Peace and love/ Jo.

14 kommentarer:

  1. Haha...this was a tough one, wasn't it? Only my second TT, so I'm hoping they get easier!

    You totally took this in a direction I wasn't expecting ("directed at guys with mustaches"!!!), and I am starting my day with a very big smile courtesy of your TT. Thanks! (and thanks for stopping by my blog as well!)
    -C

    SvaraRadera
  2. they do get easier. this one was a little difficult. the ghost draft made me think of Lonely Bones...but the moustaches now that is a new one on me...perhaps i need to shave...happy tt!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Yep it was tough as you can tell from my Magpie! I still enjoyed what you wrote anyhows & I think we can all relate to it! Have a great day!

    SvaraRadera
  4. I do love your line of thinking, tripping from one ping to another. -J

    SvaraRadera
  5. it is chilly draft,
    but you have done it wittily.

    Happy Thursday!
    thank you for the feedback on my work!

    SvaraRadera
  6. Jo, you have found a totally unique approach to the theme word. I love that ghost drafts are "directed at guys with mustaches," especially that they didn't specify "men with mustaches." Too funny. I briefly (thank goodness) had a step-mother who would shiver occasionally, and then say, "a rabbit must have run across my grave." Ha! More likely a ghost draft. She had a major mustache!

    P.S. I am continually astonished at your command of an language that is not your own. It's better than that of many born to it.

    SvaraRadera
  7. This has inspired me to grow a mustache.

    SvaraRadera
  8. Agree, I thought this one was rather difficult this week. You did a great job, though, and I learned something!

    SvaraRadera
  9. Me: Well, you're welcome. :) Thank you.
    Brian: :) Lonely Bones, huh? :)
    Katherine: Thank you. :)
    Harnett-Hargrove: Thank you. Yes, I am tripping... :)
    Jingle: :) Thank you. Chilly draft... yeah :)
    PattiKen: Thank you so much. That was funny, the stuff about your stepmother... :) No rabbit, must have been a ghost draft! I agree, laughing out loud here. :)
    Cheeseboy: Oh, please, don't...! ;)
    Tracy: Thank you. :) Glad you learned something. :)
    Kris: Aw... :)

    SvaraRadera
  10. Hi! I am going back to my 38 defs, stolen from dictionary.com, to see if "ghost draft" is in there.

    Good one!

    SvaraRadera
  11. California girl: Yeah, you thought you found them all, didn´t you? ;) Thank you for stopping by! :)

    SvaraRadera
  12. Ghost draft? Always love to learn something new. Happy TT

    SvaraRadera
  13. Dreamhaven: Thank you for stopping by! :)

    SvaraRadera