tisdag 20 april 2010

10 things I need to do before I die...

Isn't it kind of scary it is possible to actually have toes this long and still  be... human?

Not that I am planning to go anywhere soon, (by anywhere I mean heaven... or hell…) but I still made this list today with things I really need to do before I die. I wasn’t able to finish it, though. I might need a little help with the last one… Any suggestions?


10 things I need to do before I die

1. Travel to the North of Sweden and do some serious hiking (and remember to bring the bug spray…!)

2. Get a job. As a teacher. (2 ½ more years of school ahead, and then off to spend the rest of my life in… school…)

3. Learn Italian.

4. See Rome. Feel Rome. Touch Rome. Taste Rome. Live Rome.

5. Go back to the US and see Virginia again (Virginia as in the state of Virginia, not Virginia as in an old girlfriend…)

6. Swim in the Dead Sea. (And take a looooong shower afterwards, probably…!)

7. Write a novel. At least one. Get it published. Get rich. (OK, so I don’t have to get rich. But could I please get published? Pretty please?).

8. Me and Mattias randomly travelling Europe for an entire summer. No kids. Just us. (We would be total vagabonds, sleep in our car or under the stars, and just be… alive… Ah…).

9. Become a vegetarian. (I keep telling myself this. I do not WANT to be a meat-eater. But I keep eating meat. What is WRONG with me!?).

10. …



Still trying to figure out number 10… Maybe I am just not ready to let go of this world yet.

/Jo.

12 kommentarer:

  1. ha. love the list...when you do come to VA, do look us up. #8 sounds so appealing....as does #4....

    hope all your dreams come true...

    SvaraRadera
  2. These wishes sound wonderful. I love the Washington, D.C., Maryland, and Virginia areas. I was born and raised there and I long for the beauty of that part of the country.

    PG

    SvaraRadera
  3. Några av dina drömmar skulle jag nog kunna sno rakt av...

    Mitt förslag på #10 - To se my children grow up and turn into lucky and independent individs that perhaps one day have children on their own..


    Men det är bara en tanke... Och du kan alltid uttrycka dig så mycket bättre än mig. Särskillt när det gäller engelska ;D

    Kram!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Teaching is the best! I hope you get paid better in Sweden though.

    Also, we don't have the Dead Sea, but we have the Great Salt Lake, which is similar. Just don't swim in it with any open wounds.

    SvaraRadera
  5. #10 Do something you are (really)afraid of until you're not afraid anymore.

    SvaraRadera
  6. No, there is NOTHING wrong with having toes that long. At least, I sure hope there isn't. It's a good bucket list. :)

    SvaraRadera
  7. I like your list! Even leaving room open for inspiration by not having a #10 is a great idea!

    SvaraRadera
  8. Sounds like a fine list to me. Maybe #10 should be to create a new list when you've accomplished the first nine items. ;)

    SvaraRadera
  9. Brian: I will. :)
    PG: Thank you. :)
    Karin: Tack så mycket! :) Kul att se dig här!
    Cheeseboy: Well, Let's just say I did not choose teaching because of the money... :)
    Dejan: Sounds good.
    Michael: I feel so much better now. :)
    Everyday goddess: Thank you. :)
    Hilary: Now, that's a good idea... :)

    SvaraRadera
  10. Great list!To do them all, to do as many as possible all at once, to do them again....Wonderful ideas.

    SvaraRadera
  11. Sandy: Thank you. :) I especially like the "to do as many as possible all at once"-thought... ;)

    SvaraRadera