onsdag 12 maj 2010

Theme Thursday: Mystery


you work so hard
to act mysterious
to stay out of it
to take no part in it
to not get involved
to not let yourself be affected
to not have to feel
to not have to know
I am trying to figure out what goes on in that head of yours

To me it is a mystery
why act cool when you are burning up inside?
why look away when you should look me in the eye?
why leave, why now, why at all?
to me you are a mystery
and you always have been

I used to think we were so much alike
chasing shadows,
and dreams,
and shadows of dreams,
and dreams of shadows.

But maybe you went on living
and I am the one still chasing shadows?

It is a mystery.

14 kommentarer:

  1. tight. that last question is a little haunting...sometimes we can chase those shadows of who they formerly were...

    SvaraRadera
  2. wow! that was really good. and so true!

    SvaraRadera
  3. this was fantastic writing!! your writing is clear and concise, edgy, full of passion and yearning...magnificent, johanna!

    SvaraRadera
  4. Very nice. So cool. Last stanza is awesome.

    SvaraRadera
  5. This was great Jo!
    You have raised a very important & probably unanswerable question.
    Do we ever really know the other significant person in our life 100%?
    And do we ever really know ourselves??
    I actually think that we never really stop chasing shadows!
    Sometimes, I think I know everything there is to know about my husband then he surprises me with something unexpected!
    A great TT Jo & you also stuck to the theme unlike myself who drifted in my own direction chasing a totally different shadow.... Hee! Hee! Hee!

    SvaraRadera
  6. nice take on the theme...we certainly are a mystery to one another, true!

    SvaraRadera
  7. En internationell sammansvärjning?

    SvaraRadera
  8. Oh Jo...this one really spoke to me..Thats how I feel about my current break up...It just wasnt supposed to be like that...When did "We" become single...Maybe I was chasing the wrong shadow...

    SvaraRadera
  9. Underbart Vännen... du berör på ett sätt som bara du kan.

    SvaraRadera
  10. this is very heartfelt and haunting.
    loved it,
    one of the best I read today!
    Cheers!

    SvaraRadera
  11. Well written but it feels so lonely. A shadow is so hard to hug.

    SvaraRadera
  12. Excellent. You really nailed this one on the head.

    SvaraRadera
  13. Two awards for poetry,
    the most honest poet award,
    the most open minded poet award,

    two general awards,
    the big heart award,
    you are the princess snow-white award.

    Hope that you enjoy these 4 award.
    Happy Weekend!
    Smiles!

    SvaraRadera