onsdag 5 maj 2010

Amazing...

In my dreams I sometimes find myself tasting the salt from the Atlantic as well as the Pacific, climbing snowcapped mountains, walking trough endless forests looking Laura Palmer realizing the owls are not what they seem, expecting to meet grizzly bears… Through wild rivers I am going white water rafting knowing it will probably kill me… On a park bench I sit chatting with Forrest waiting for the bus. He asks me if I would like a chocolate, and he is telling me stories.

I am playing hide-and-seek in the corn fields, looking for signs. And looking for Mel.There’s Laura Ingalls and her sister Mary. Next thing I know, I am sitting in the shade from huge oak trees in Savannah, sipping an ice tea. Fireflies gather around me. I find a turtle out in the wild, and I name him Arthur before I release him. I feel I am part of a road movie that doesn’t end. There is waterskiing. There is a white church. There’s my youth. “Hey Youth, where have you been hiding all these years…?”

There is the farm house with the porch that goes all the way around, huge trees on the lawn, a horse, two dogs, and a typewriter. I am guessing a laptop would work too. There is Brandon, Brenda and Kelly asking me if I want a ride. But nah, I’m not a city girl, and I’d much rather walk. Besides, I am really looking for Dylan anyway. He’s a lot more mysterious. There’s the house with the three cats. There’s that boy with the braces. Oh, and there’s the heartbreak. There’s the guitar. And the fireflies, they are everywhere, circling. Little lights bringing such comfort.  There’s the first song I ever wrote. There’s the guy who tried to cook for me but started a small fire instead. And there’s me in that truck stop in the middle of the desert. Finally me and Clint ride out into the sunset together.


Waking up I realize I have been dreaming, but closing my eyes again I can still see you. Even the fireflies. Amazing.

12 kommentarer:

  1. even the fireflies...fireflies have such a way of evoking the imagination...i think i know that white church...lol. have a wonderful day!

    SvaraRadera
  2. Sounds like some wonderful memories.

    SvaraRadera
  3. Nostalgia can be a beautiful thing. Smells, sights, sounds, and dreams can evoke it.

    PG

    SvaraRadera
  4. Oh, what a roller-coaster to ride, such a vivid, wonderful dream to be wrapped up in! You recounted it beautifully, I could picture every scene.

    SvaraRadera
  5. Brian: I love fireflies... I am thinking about maybe importing some here... ;) No, not really. They would probably freeze to death, poor babies...
    Hilary: Yes. Memories. And movies. Mixed up. :)
    PG: Ah, nostalgia... that's me. I'm such a sentimental fool... :)
    Shrinky: Thank you. :)

    SvaraRadera
  6. This is a beautiful expression that had me captivated :)

    SvaraRadera
  7. Arghhhh I wish my imagination was so cool!

    SvaraRadera
  8. I so wish we had fireflies here. Your dreams sound like they would make an excellent movie.

    SvaraRadera
  9. lovely images and a lovely dream.

    SvaraRadera
  10. dreams make life worth living :)

    thank you for visiting my petals post

    SvaraRadera
  11. Your confidence is demonstrated here.
    What fun dream!

    SvaraRadera
  12. Ah, yes. I thought it was a dream right up until the last couple of paragraphs. Then I thought it a memory.

    SvaraRadera