söndag 21 februari 2010

The thoughts of a snow flake



Just look at us snowflakes. We are so small and so fragile, in all our beauty. But the things we can accomplish if we stick together... In the interaction with others we can achieve great things. Together with our family, our friends, our contacts, our facebook friends and our followers, no matter how many or how few they might be, snowflakes feel strong and able to perform miracles every day. We are powerful and beautiful and we can seem a little bit cruel at times, but we don't mean to. It's just Nature. We're all just frozen rain drops, you know. We'll all be water one day.


I have heard that no snowflakes out there are alike, that we are all individuals. We are all unique. Really? Could that be true? Just think about all the snow that has fallen on Earth over the millions of years this rock has spinned... Just think about all the snow that has fallen outside my kitchen window since yesterday. A lot of snow. A lot of snowflakes. And to think we are all unique... That thought is larger than my head. It feels like those times when you start to think about the Universe, where it starts, where it ends, how it started, how it's going to end, the time, the space... You know, when you feel yourself get lost in your own mind and just sit there gazing out into nothing, mouth open, frozen... (And L goes: Mom, is something wrong? And you go: No, honey, nothing, I was just thinking...) ...I was just thinking about how small I feel in the Universe. There is just so much space there and so little to fill it. There just seems to be so much darkness and so little light. Space seems so... cold... I was thinking about how I sometimes feel like a snowflake. Unique, yes. But fragile.


Hey, look at me everyone...! I can fly. No, actually I'm falling... But hey, don't catch me. Don't try to hold me in you hand. I might melt. Don't come to close. And please don't shovel me away just yet, either. Let me stay this way and remain frozen a bit longer. Keep my distance, you know. I'm not ready to melt just yet, so I'll just be chilling with my facebook friends on your lawn here for a while. On a superficial level. Frozen. But still warm.

4 kommentarer:

  1. smiles...seems there may be a few things we could learn from some snow flakes...cute post.

    SvaraRadera
  2. That was absolutely delightful. I love it!

    SvaraRadera
  3. I have read hundreds of posts about the snow in the past few weeks - Yours is definitely my favourite!!

    SvaraRadera