onsdag 10 februari 2010

Getting personal

I have decided it's time for me to get personal. Well, not that personal really, I won't get undressed or anything, but I would like to show you some things from my home that are important to me. And I want to tell you something about them, too.

So, buckle up, here we go...



This is a sculpture me and M got when we got engaged. That was in 1995. We are still not married. Sometimes this really makes me sad. I love this sculpture though, I love how they seem to find such good comfort in eachother. That is what I want. And some love letters, every now and then. ;)



This is the view from my kitchen. The buildning you see is actually my son's school. Very convenient in the mornings, I tell you... And yes, we do have some snow here in Sweden.



This is a flower arrangement I made the other day. It has kind of a Spring theme. Even though I usually don't complain about winter, this one has been really long and cold. The butterfly is fake, obviously. I could never force a real one pose for me like that... ;)


This is a flower I got for M when he turned 34 the other day. I don't think he appreciated it as much as I would have, though. And I don't think it's because I'm a girl either, he probably just doesn't like flowers all that much. Too bad for him.


This is the Love of my life. It's a She. M got her for me when I turned 30. She is perfect. Isn't she beautiful? Sounds wonderful, too. I wish I had more time to play...



This one's a He. His name is Lennart. I named him after a very cool Latin teacher I once had. Lennart has a secret dream that I would be a better guitar player. I feel kind of sorry for him. But I tell him to keep on dreaming.


This is a book I had to read for school, after I had read it. It doesn't even resemble a book when I'm through with it, now it looks more like a Christmas tree... Sad. I wish I remembered what I read, too.


This is my family. I had these photos developed and wrapped as a birthday gift for M this year. I think he actually liked them. Not the one of himself though, beacause he's kind of shy. Or at least he says he is. I am the photographer. I took the one of myself too... :)


Last but not least, this is where I like to sit when I read or when I listen to music. I have slept here a couple of times too. I've had wine here too, well... let's just say I've done a lot of things here. A good spot.

Well, that's all for now. I hope you enjoyed the ride. Come back soon. I'll make some coffee.

5 kommentarer:

  1. It is truly a treasure to be allowed to see into the life you are living. Each and every nuance made me smile. By the way... show Lennart some love. He looks lonely. You have a beautiful family, Jo. :)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Thank you for inviting us into your home. I love that you shared your wonderful treasures this way. And your family has such beautiful, smiling faces. I'll bet that recess and lunchtime are noisy at your place. ;)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Thank you for stopping by. Like I said, come back soon. I'll make coffee. :)
    And Michael... I think Lennart actually is a bit lonely. I'll be sure to hold him in my arms tonight. :) Hugs.

    SvaraRadera
  4. thanks for giving us a glimpse behind the curtain...looks like you have a beautiful family there.

    SvaraRadera
  5. I love getting personal like this. It makes the world seem so much smaller and connected. Your loves are beautiful, you seem to have a rich, full life :-)

    SvaraRadera