måndag 8 februari 2010

My beautiful E


My baby
She is way too beautiful
Stunning
Drop dead gorgeous
Last night she danced for me

Oh, somebody please tell me why did I let her take those dance classes?
What was I thinking?
Beyoncé, watch out. She's gonna get you. If she feels like it. She will.
Seems not long ago, she was my little girl. My funny little girl. So smart. Pony tails. So full of giggles.
Now, who is that teenager dancing around in my kitchen?
Where did she come from?
She terrifies me.
I will lose her.
I have lost parts of her already.
She has a lot of friends. Everyone loves her. Kids love her. Old people love her. Teachers love her. I fear boys might love her too. Oh, E, why not become a nun? Doesn't that sound like fun? But I can see where this is going. There will be boyfriends. Boyfriends with mopeds. Boyfriends with cars. And you'll be dancing somewhere else.
Oh, please, E, be my little girl. For a few more years at least. Listen to your Mom. Talk to me. I love you so much. I know a lot of things. Don't slam your door. Let me in so we can talk about it.
I'll always remember your dance in the kitchen last night. Seeing how grown up you are I realize how we need to cherish each and every moment we spend together. You grow up so fast. I am so proud to be your Mom.
I love you.

5 kommentarer:

  1. very pretty :)
    a dancer soul..so free ...that breaks hearts ;)

    SvaraRadera
  2. Beautiful... I really don't envy parents of teenagers, too much worry!! ;0)

    SvaraRadera
  3. what a beautiful post...where does the time go...my boys getting bigger every day...

    SvaraRadera
  4. Time flies. Aging is... well, it's strange. That subject will probably end up a longer post. Some other day. :) Thanks for stopping by!

    SvaraRadera
  5. She's as beautiful as her Mama.

    SvaraRadera