måndag 15 mars 2010

Inspiration


Suddenly it just hits me. Usually there's no warning, all of a sudden it's just there. It grips me. It moves me. Emotions fill me up. My mind starts to focus. My brain starts to boil. My pencil comes to life, begins to glow and starts to make its way across a blank sheet of paper filling it with lines and dots connecting them into meaning. It's a high. It's a rush. It builds and grows. I can feel I am in touch with my soul. Like there's something inside of me talking, I think I can hear a voice that is trying to tell me something.

It can be triggered by Nature. A walk in the rain. A memory of a lost love. A song. A scent. The look in the eyes of a friend. A photo I keep in my wallet. An old lady on the bus. A day full of pain, betrayal and tears. Or a day full of accomplished tasks and the laughter of children. A novel. A poem. A painting. A hug. A flower. Or the joy of holding a pencil that was just sharpened.

You know when you feel the flow? When the moment grips hold of you? And you feel like there's nothing you can't achieve? Like there's no goal you can't reach? To be high on inspiration is the best trip.

And losing it is all the more painful.

So please, Muse of Inspiration, stand by me. Help me believe I can achieve big things. Help me believe I matter. Allow me to express myself. Now and forever. And ever.

Yours sincerely/

Johanna

7 kommentarer:

  1. I could completely relate here. When inspiration hits I feel the power.

    The other night as I tried desperately to fall asleep with no luck, a thought kept running through my mind for a blog. I had the title and the first line. I finally had to turn on the light and write it down. Whether I will use it or not I don't know, but the title was "In the Zone" and it was about being in that place you describe here when writing.

    Great post. You describe it so well.
    PG

    SvaraRadera
  2. may your muse find you ready...mine is elusive at times...write yourself out of it...at least you dont have to publish it...hope you have a marvelous and inspiring day!

    SvaraRadera
  3. Oh, yes. I love the flow. Totally worth it.

    SvaraRadera
  4. I have a muse that provides me with endless inspiration. Inspiration can be very fleeting but when it hits it is all the sweeter! I'm posting a new poem at 6 tonight!

    SvaraRadera
  5. "My pencil comes to life, begins to glow and starts to make its way across a blank sheet of paper filling it with lines and dots connecting them into meaning."

    Remind me to hire you to write my memoirs. Awesome, JoJa. Awesome.

    SvaraRadera
  6. PG: Thank you. "In the zone" - yes, that's what it is! :) I'm looking forward to reading that one!
    Brian: Thank you for reading. I agree, writing yourself out of it always helps. :)
    Alice Audrey: Thank you. The flow - yes! :)
    Susan: Your muse actually provides me with inspiration too! :) A good muse indeed. :)
    Michael: Well... Writing you memoirs is what I always have dreamed of... When do want to start? When can I move in with you? ;)

    SvaraRadera
  7. I KNOW that zone all to well :) Its that burning desire deep within, feed the flames....

    SvaraRadera